When I wrote my earlier post on the Standing Committee of Attorneys-General, I checked out the link to the Ministerial Council for Police and Emergency Management – Police.
The webpage mentions the National Common Police Services. (But, it’s not entirely up-to-date, and even links to one Service that no longer exists!) These Services are yet another useful source of information. Some are no longer National Common Police Services, but still have a national focus.
The various Services are:
- Australian & New Zealand Policing Advisory Agency. ANZPAA replaced the Australasian Centre for Policing Research in 2007
- Australasian Police Multicultural Advisory Bureau (now under the umbrella of ANZPAA)
- National Institute of Forensic Science (also now under the umbrella of ANZPAA)
- National Missing Persons Coordination Centre (now part of the AFP)
- Australian Institute of Police Management
- National Crime Statistics Unit
- Australian High Tech Crime Centre (now solely part of the AFP)
Add ’em to your bookmarks!