Over the weekend I took the jump to use Blogger’s option for custom domain names, settling on http://www.summarycrime.com.
Apparently by doing it through Blogger, as I did, means that all the existing hyperlinks should automatically redirect to the new address.
So far, after 15 minutes, the new domain is working, and most posts seem to be re-directing to that new address. Blogger says old links will be automatically re-directed, so I won’t have to rewrite all our posts! I sure hope so.
So far the only thing that doesn’t seem to be working properly are the comments. It can take up to 24 hours for all the technical stuff to happen in the background, so I hope this is just a short-term glitch and they’ll all be back soon.
In the meantime, if you see anything strange on the site, let me know and I’ll see if I can figure out if I can fix it!